Will I need architects and engineers for my buildout?

Share This Post

In order to get permits for your buildout from your local county or city, most projects will require architect and engineering stamps of approval.

If you are building a free standing building for your business or if you are building out a first generation space and you are in a county or city that requires permits and inspections, you will absolutely need a set of architectural plans and a set of MEP plans that must be stamped by the architect and engineer that developed the plans. If you are fortunate enough to have found a second generation space that only requires cosmetic changes, you may not require an architect or engineer. Not only will permitting require you to hire an engineer and architect, it will cost you more when it comes to trades as well, because each of them will have to pull permits and wait for inspections as part of there work. Consider all of these things when looking for a space for your business.

We are always happy to help you should you have any questions.

More To Explore